The Index Specialist IV is responsible for providing document analysis, data capture, data translation into values, security access right assignment and summaries of client documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and enters document data with expert level profiling knowledge into the database.
- Identifies and recommends new and more efficient procedures to enhance profiling productivity to better meet client needs.
- Utilizes system to process documents in correlations with database to ensure proper tracking of documents within the Document Processing Center.
- Develops and maintains functional skills related to assignment of appropriate values, affiliations, docket and non-docket material, preparation of title/descriptions, and application of data entry procedures.
- Responds to in-person, telephone and email client inquiries related to document profiling tasks. Documents, tracks, and monitors timely resolution/response to the client.
- Demonstrates working understanding of all profiling reference materials, including the database Help Desk Reference Guide, Indexing Instructions Manual, templates, Spell Check, and data entry procedures.
- Address emails regarding profiling for dissemination of new and/or revised procedures, and also for feedback from the QC staff.
- Provides quality control of own work prior to submittal for formal QA. This includes consistent utilization of the spell check utility provided on workstation PC to verify correct spelling of the title information recorded.
- Maintains accurate daily/weekly statistics of production and time charges.
- Achieves and maintains established quality (95% accuracy) and quantity (minimum of 70 accession numbers) standards.
- Performs other project-related duties as directed.
- Is meticulous and pays attention to details, has a strong work ethic and collaborates well with others.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses organizational and time management.
- Takes initiative to complete tasks and learn new tasks.
- Completes high quality work under limited supervision.
- Has high working knowledge of computer skills.
- MUST BE A U.S. Citizen and be able to pass an extensive background check.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of progressively responsible experience in the particular area of expertise (or 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the particular area of expertise)
Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com. Please state in the subject line: “Index Specialist IV.”
TDEC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.